Innovative sustainability projects. Green building design. Environmentally preferable purchasing. And nutritious, sustainable food. More than 1,000 health care leaders, suppliers and product experts will convene at this year’s CleanMed to connect on the latest best practices and new products and services for greening the health care sector.
For the past 15 years, CleanMed has been the premier national environmental conference for leaders in health care sustainability. This year’s event features general sessions, more than 40 educational sessions and the opportunity to visit more than 100 vendors on the trade show floor and network with fellow attendees.
CleanMed is presented each year by Practice Greenhealth and Health Care Without Harm. Its mission is to accelerate the health care sector’s commitment to environmental sustainability and regenerative health to improve the health of people and the environment by:
- Maximizing opportunities for the health care sector’s development, adoption and dissemination of environmentally preferable products and practices, and its design, construction and operations of green buildings.
- Convening health care stakeholders—senior administrators, clinicians, purchasing professionals, university researchers, designers of professional buildings and vendors of cleaner and safer products and services—to share and exhibit environmentally regenerative practices.
- Providing examples of best practices and tools in environmental sustainability that reduce health care’s environmental footprint.
- Promoting environmentally sustainable design practices and construction materials in health care.
- Incorporating environmentally preferable purchasing practices into health care and group purchasing organizations.
- Showcasing products that are occupationally safer and less toxic to the patient and the environment.
- Evaluating alternatives to medical waste incineration.